Reports to: Head of Support Department
BSc (Computer Science; Software engineering; BBIT and any other related fields), management skills are an added advantage
Experience: 1-2 years
The team Leader will assist the Head of Support Department in running the support department.
In addition to the following Support skills;
- Develop individual project plan, providing a framework for the proactive and successful management of issues, risks and deliverables.
- Continuously communicate with the client project manager and other internal stakeholders to ensure visibility to project status and issues.
- Provide effective phone and email communication to customers, coordinating regular status calls and other activities necessary to motivate and encourage client staff toward project conclusion.
- Provide relevant support; both on-site, offsite(phone-calls, e-mails, support portal etc)
- Maintain SLA timelines as agreed with the client.
- Recommend upgrades where appropriate.
- Prepare weekly targets and reports and give the latest status of their work
- Escalate issues on time to the supervisor or any other manager.
- Good customer relation skills.
The team lead should;
- Providing professional leadership and management of the functional performance of the team.
- Understanding, managing, and planning the translation of operational policy into implementation and delivery.
- Fostering and maintaining strong collaborative linkages and relationships with the other support engineers and the head of support.
- Supporting team members to liaise and work closely with all our clients
- Report and recommend regularly on arising team issues
- Time Management - setting and meeting goals
- Personal effectiveness – delegation of duties
- High Achievement – focus on success of set goals
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Effective communication – training, presentation and writing
- Ability to work independently
- Team Player